Are you ready to join a national community of local changemakers?
Participants in the Change Collective will gain access to resources and a national network of local changemakers impacting in their communities. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and we welcome local leaders from all backgrounds. Our goal is to affect change by bringing together leaders spanning cultural, religious, educational, professional, and political backgrounds; all focused on inclusivity, collaboration, and connection.
The Change Collective is accepting applications for our first cohort until April 14, 2023. Training programs will run from June 2023 through January 2024.
- Learning modules. Each training will build to get participants ready to plan, organize, and execute their project over the course of the final months of the program. This includes hard skills to do the projects and key concepts to push their thinking of what is possible in their community and their place in that possibility.
- A collection of case studies. Examples of real people doing change work in their communities — fantastic ones to inspire and ones that have hit snags to learn from.
- Practical exercises. Steps to apply the lessons learned to your specific project and to grow in your leadership.
- A collection of resources. Structured to help you move through the content, take notes, and continue your learning outside of the program gatherings.
- Access to incredible guest speakers. To hear from the experts and address common questions and roadblocks.
- Opportunities to connect. Engaging with each other to deepen their leadership practice and workshop content together.
To participate in the program you must live full-time in Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; or Jackson, Mississippi* for the duration of the program, and be able to commit to full participation in in-person and virtual trainings.
*The Change Collective is piloting in these three cities in 2023, and will grow its work in new cities in years to come. If you don’t live in one of these metro areas, show your interest in The Change Collective coming to your city here.
Changemakers accepted to the program will attend a kick-off convening during June 2023 in Detroit, MI, and will attend one monthly weekend training for the 6 month training portion of the program, facilitated by a local trainer who is familiar with the area and issues our program cities face. We expect that participants will dedicate 25 hours each month to the development and implementation of their learning into a civic action plan, online and in-person trainings, and skill building sessions.
Applications will close at 11:59 pm EDT on April 14, 2023, and selections for interviews will be contacted shortly after. Please note that only completed applications will be considered. The application will take about 7 minutes to complete and your responses will not be saved until you click submit. Visit our FAQ page for more information.