Are you ready to join a national community of local changemakers?
The Change Collective is a community of local changemakers, aspiring to reinvent civic life for the 21st century. This leadership program will cultivate the next generation of local leaders working to increase civic collaboration and engagement in their communities. Housed at Civic Nation, the Change Collective will train, connect and elevate emerging leaders on the ground, and foster a vibrant network of leaders and institutions working to reimagine how people work together to build bridges, and tackle challenges at the local level.
The Change Collective is no longer taking applications for the 2024 Cohort.
- Robust learning modules. Each training will build toward planning, organizing, and executing their project over the course of the program. This includes hard skills and key concepts to push your thinking of what is possible in your community and your place in that possibility.
- A collection of case studies. Examples of real people working for change in their communities, with lessons of what to do, and examples of what to avoid.
- Practical exercises. Steps to apply the lessons learned to your specific project and to grow in your leadership.
- A collection of resources. Structured to help you move through the content, take notes, and continue your learning outside of the program gatherings.
- Access to incredible guest speakers. To hear from local and national experts and address common questions and roadblocks.
- Opportunities to connect. Engaging with each other to deepen our leadership practice and workshop content together.
The $950 cost will support Change Collective members in travel and lodging costs for our National Change Labs — a core part of the training and curriculum for the program. At the Change Collective, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Removing barriers to access means anyone with financial need will be able to have costs covered through fee waivers or payment plans. Unsure whether you can cover this cost? Individuals who need will receive a program fee waiver could include, but not limited to:
- Employees of government, education and/or nonprofit organizations
- Small business owners
- Community Organizers
- Non-U.S. Citizens
- Returning Citizens
Interested applicants may be considered for full fee waivers or a six-month payment plan of $158.33 per month from enrollment through the completion of the six month curriculum.
To participate in the program you must live full-time in Chicago, Illinois, Detroit, Michigan, or Jackson, Mississippi for the duration of the program, and be able to commit to full participation in in-person and virtual trainings.
Our intensive training programming will run from January 2024 through to June 2024 with a National Change Lab taking place in January 2024. Local Change Labs will occur on the following Saturdays from 10:00 am–4:00 pm:
Changemakers accepted to the program will attend a kick-off convening in January 2024 in Chicago IL, and will attend one monthly weekend training for the 5-month training portion of the program, facilitated by a local leader familiar with the area and issues. We expect participants will dedicate 10 hours a month to the development and implementation of their learning into a Civic Action Plan through online and in-person trainings and skill-building sessions.
Applications closed on Friday, November 3, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET.
We value access, inclusion and diversity among our cohorts and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations upon request by cohort members. If you would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to us.
If you do not live in Chicago, Detroit, or Jackson, we would love to know where we should bring the Change Collective to next! Show your interest in the Change Collective coming to your city here.
Visit our FAQ page for more information.
If you have any questions please reach out to us at [email protected].